Sixth Form Residential
Every year, during the first week in July, Dene Magna School have enjoyed a ‘timetable suspension week’ when lessons are suspended and all students in the school are offered a range of enrichment activities and trips. We are pleased to be able to offer sixth form students the opportunity to participate in this and so we want to take every student in Year 12 to Pembrokeshire as the perfect way to finish our first year together.
The focus of the trip is on the sea and coast and we will be staying in a self contained bunkhouse just outside the City of St Davids. All breakfast and evening meals will be provided as well as a range of professionally organised activities, from which the students are able to choose their preferred option (coasteering, surfing or kayaking).
Also included is a boat trip and a visit to Oakwood Theme Park.
The proposed programme is:
- Leave Wednesday 9am from Campus (Students to bring packed lunch)
- Afternoon on Abereiddy Beach
- Coastal walk to Celtic Camping for evening meal and activities (organised by students)
- Breakfast at Celtic Camping- Coach to St Davids
- Day in St Davids with three activities: a boat trip, free time in St Davids and a water-based activity of choice
- Bus back to CC. Evening meal at Celtic Camping. Evening activities (organised by students)
- Breakfast at Celtic Camping
- Oakwood Park Theme Park
- Return to Cinderford Campus for 6pm (approx)
We are really excited about taking our wonderful students away and we believe it will be a great opportunity for them to relax, bond and get prepared for Year 13. We have been fortunate to be able to negotiate some great prices and the overall cost will be £200 per student and this will include transport, activities, food and accommodation.
A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required by 19th December to confirm your place. The balance will be split into 5 equal instalments of £30 payable by the end of January, February, March, April and May 2020 which can be paid via the online parent pay system. It is our intention that everyone attends this trip, if the cost presents a problem, please contact us at the sixth form and we can discuss options for funding with you.
Please download the letter below for further information.