Key Stage 3
- Students are introduced to a range of skills and techniques to record their observations in sketchbooks, journals and other media as a basis for exploring their ideas.
- Students are introduced to a range of media, including painting, 3D relief, Ceramics, mixed media studies.
- Students are encouraged to increase their proficiency in the handling of different materials.
- Students are encouraged to analyse and evaluate their own work, and that of others, in order to strengthen the visual impact or applications of their work
- Students are introduced to a variety of Art styles and movements, from ancient times up to the present day.
Key Stage 4
- Actively engage in the creative process of art, craft and design in order to develop as effective and independent learners, and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds.
- Develop creative, imaginative and intuitive capabilities when exploring and making images, artefacts and products
- Become confident in taking risks and learn from experience when exploring and experimenting with ideas, processes, media, materials and techniques.
- Develop critical understanding through investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills
develop and refine ideas and proposals, personal outcomes or solutions with increasing independence.
- Acquire and develop technical skills through working with a broad range of media, materials, techniques, processes and technologies with purpose and intent.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of art, craft and design in historical and contemporary contexts, societies and cultures
develop an awareness of the different roles and individual work practices evident in the production of art, craft and design in the creative and cultural industries.
- Develop an awareness of the purposes, intentions and functions of art, craft and design in a variety of contexts and as appropriate to students’ own work.
- Demonstrate safe working practices in art, craft and design
Key Stage 5
We encourage all learners to develop:
- Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive capabilities
- Investigate, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills, aesthetic
understanding and critical judgement
- Independence of mind in developing, refining and communicating their own ideas, their own intentions and their own personal outcomes
- An interest in, enthusiasm for and enjoyment of art, craft and design
- The experience of working with a broad range of media
- An understanding of the interrelationships between art, craft and design processes and an awareness of the contexts in which they operate
- Knowledge and experience of real world contexts and, where appropriate, links to the creative industries
- Knowledge and understanding of art, craft, design and media and technologies in contemporary and past societies and cultures
- An awareness of different roles, functions, audiences and consumers of art, craft and design
We aim to create opportunities for students to think and act like artists.
Learners should engage with ‘making’ alongside learning about Art
To create an environment that enables students to fully explore the breadth of our subject and specialise as they mature
We support students to develop their creativity, whilst also developing socially, morally, and culturally.
To engender patience and resilience; skills that will help build self-esteem and prepare them for further education in the Arts, articulate in the world of work and to have creative futures
We support the development of visual awareness, dexterity, visual communication, aesthetic assessment, fine and gross motor skills.
Content coming soon...
Content coming soon...