We need Local businesses:
At Dene Magna we are busy growing your employees of the future. We need your help to raise their career aspirations, develop their employability skills and learn more about the exciting industries in Gloucestershire.
Having employers like you helping to inspire young minds and transform attitudes through a range of activities and opportunities is the foundation of an excellent careers programme as set out by the Gatsby Foundation’s Eight Benchmarks.
Ways to support:
- Be part of our Mock interviews with Year 11 or 13 students
- Be a guest speaker at one of our Business Breakfasts for our Year 12 & 13 students
- Attend our annual Post 18 Careers Fair
- Get involved in extracurricular clubs and activities
- Give an inspiring talk based on your industry or job role
- Provide a coaching/mentoring service through a structured programme
- Run a hands-on workshop with activities relating to your area of expertise
- Be part of our discussions about pathways after school, e.g. apprenticeships
- Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping, disability etc
- Help bring a subject lesson to life by linking it to your industry
- Offer a work experience placement for students at you business premises
- Become an ambassador supporting employment routes for young people with special educational needs and disabilities and offer a work experience placement that is co-supported by the school
- Provide a Supported Internship opportunity
By getting involved you will not only be supporting future workforce development and helping to broaden the minds of the young people but you will also be developing new skills for your staff, forging community links and building a positive profile for your company.
If you can help:
We will support you throughout your visit, please speak to our Careers Lead, Mrs Jo Rich:
Telephone: 07490 392146
She will be your main point of contact for enquiries and will provide you with details of arrangements including parking, facilities and our safeguarding policy. The school will make a suitable space available for discussions between with students, as appropriate to the activity. The school will also make available ICT and other specialist equipment to support presentations. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the Careers Lead or a member of the team.
Employers are welcome to leave a copy of any promotional material with the Careers Lead to be displayed in the Careers Library.
Please see our Provider Access Policy for more information.