We have an opportunity for you to work at a nationally acclaimed Outstanding Teaching School situated in a beautiful part of the country enjoying easy links to surrounding towns and cities. Dene Magna is a successful, oversubscribed and high achieving Academy.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to support one of our 6th Form students on a 1:1 basis. The role will involve preparing and delivering learning activities, monitoring and assessing the student and recording and reporting on the student’s achievement, progress and development.
We would like to appoint someone who:-
• Has experience supporting students with special educational needs
• Has experience working with different ability levels
• Will be a flexible and enthusiastic member of a team
• Will support the inclusive ethos of the school
• Is committed to professional development
• Is familiar with the current legislation for SEND
• Enjoys or has knowledge of ICT/computing as this is one of the A-levels the student will be undertaking.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an outstanding and supportive SEN department, where students make the highest levels of progress.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and would expect all staff to share this commitment. The school is an Equal Opportunity school and encourages all staff and students to be treated similarly, unhampered by artificial barriers or prejudices or preferences.
Term time only (39 weeks plus 4.9 weeks holiday pay).
Grade 7 – 10, £21,160 - £22,456 pro rata - fte 0.5689
Fixed term contract initially for 1 year.
The Forest of Dean Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion