Why study Geography?
Do world events interest you?
- Geographers know that we are an interconnected world and a world of social inequalities
- You might become an Aid Worker, Charity Coordinator
Do you enjoy watching the weather?
- Geographers analyse developing weather systems and can predict natural hazards
- You might become a Weather Presenter, Flood Prevention Officer
Do you like discovering new places?
- Geographers are interested in what cultures and places are like and why they can be different
- You might become a Travel Agent, Tour Guide
Do you like to people watch?
- Geographers are curious about why places change and why cities are made up of different areas
- You might become a Planner, Social Worker
Do you enjoy interacting with the landscape?
- Geographers like to understand and explain the features of our landscape
- You might become a Coastal Manager, Geologist
Do you want to know why people do the work they do?
- Geographers can explain the different reasons for different types of work
- You might become a Transport Manager, Economic Developer
Do you care about the planet?
- Geographers appreciate the importance of sustainability
- You might become an Environmental Officer, Forestry Ranger
Are you fascinated by maps?
- Geographers use maps to understand the patterns in places and landscapes
- You might become a Cartographer, GIS Specialist
Geography will help develop skills that will be an asset in any job situation and these skills will be thought of highly by any employer!